The FLYT Plane strap is a unique solution for golfers struggling with “flying elbow”. Otherwise known as the “chicken wing”, it is characterised in a loss of stability in their trail arm at the top of the backswing. FLYT have embraced a simplistic design, built around elastic resistance. By linking the trail bicep with the chest, the golfer is encouraged to keep the elbow tight to the body in the top of the backswing. This is a stronger position, often referred to as “The slot””. This allows an easier transition of strength to begin a powerful downswing.
Tommy Brannen, director of golf at Augusta Country Club, home of The Masters, invented The FLYT Swing Plane, as a solution for all golfers. The Plane Strap is intended for players, of all abilities, ages, genders and dexterities. The “one-size-fits-all” feature, means the Plane Strap works equally well on a 5 year old, as it does on a fully grown adult.
How you use a FLYT Plan Strap
1. Open the large loop of your Plane Strap
2. Put your trail arm through the loop and over your shoulder (Same shoulder as dominant hand).
3. Bring the strap around your body to the opposite side.
4. Pull the strap across your body and below your chest, so you can place your trail arm through the appropriate sized loop.
5. Pull the strap over your trail arm to above your elbow, on your bicep.
6. Take your setup and get practicing!
Shop the rest of the FLYT range here!